Leicester Preparatory School
Inspiring Ambition - Unlocking Potential
Inspiring: “making you feel full of hope or encouraged
• Drama, Music, Technology, Humanities and Sports giving breadth to our teaching, enabling every child to access the curriculum.
• Extra-curricular activities, providing a broad range of experiences and the opportunity to learn new skills.
• Diverse curriculum mirroring the diverse abilities of children.
Ambition: “a strong desire to do or to achieve something”
• Individual learning goals; based on strong foundations.
• Music and performance exams, sports competitions and academic challenges to inspire our children to succeed.
• Rewarding effort as well as success, encouraging all our pupils to be the best they can be.
Unlocking: “make (something previously inaccessible or unexploited) available for use”.
• Science and technology to encourage problem solving and experimentation.
• Pupil wellbeing and pastoral care building confidence and resilience.
• Broadening our curriculum to provide learning experiences outside the National Curriculum.
Potential:” having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future”.
• Equipping our young pupils with transferable skills which will enable them to succeed in many walks of life.
• Setting firm foundations for education in the future, pupils learn how to work, how to think and what it takes to be successful.
An LPS education seeks to equip all our pupils with transferable skills, confidence and the ability to think, which teaches them what it takes to be successful.
We aim to equip children with the skills they will need
for both senior schools and their future career.
We believe that these skills are requirements for success in academia and professional life: